Macro-Free Controls for Excel Spreadsheets
THE PROBLEM WITH SPREADSHEETS
Spreadsheets are often constructed in an uncontrolled environment in which review and validation are performed on a limited or sporadic basis. The larger spreadsheets become, the more likely they will contain some critical error.
Microsoft® Excel has some powerful built-in self-analysis capabilities. Unfortunately, some of these are difficult to access and some features require macros.
This will help!
We’ve built a desktop app
that performs many of Excel’s self-analysis functions – without having to use macros!
The fully featured software has the following functionality in addition to highlighting constants:
- Search & replace constants
- List all dependencies traceable to constants
- Highlight formulas with embedded constants
- Search & replace formulas with embedded constants
- List all formulas in the spreadsheet, their location and current value
- List all links in the spreadsheet, their location and status
- Determine if a spreadsheet is linked to other spreadsheets
This PowerPoint deck provides further information on these features.